Why have your system power flushed?
- Is your system slow to warm up?
- Are some of your radiators completely or partially cold?
- Do radiators need frequent bleeding of air?
- Is radiator water dirty and discoloured?
- Are there kettling noises from your boiler?
- Have you had repeated pump failures?
What does power flushing achieve?
- Cures flow and circulation problems.
- Restores system efficiency.
- Restores heat output to radiators.
- Cleans the whole system including underfloor pipework.
- Cures or prevents boiler noise (kettling).
- Removes aggresive water, treatment prevents further corrosion.
- Boiler manufacturers insist heating systems are flushed before installing a new boiler. A power flush is far more effective than traditional methods and ensure the boiler installation complies with 'best practice' standards. Thus minimising boiler warranty problems.
How does the process work?
The power flushing pump is simply connected into the heating system, either across the standard circulating pump, across the tails of one radiator, or wherever most practicable.
Power flushing is a highly effective cleansing operation which works by pumping water at a much higher velocity than usual through the heating system, to loosen and mobolise harmful corrosion deposits and to suspend them in the rapidly moving water. The process is made more effective by specialist cleansing chemicals and an instantaneous flow reversal device, which creates turbulence in the radiators to optimise 'pick up' of the debris.
During the flushing process, radiators are individually flushed, without removing or disconnecting them from the system. All pipework is flushed even underfloor pipes.
Once loosened, the unwanted debris is purged from the system with clean water. At the end of the flushing process, the system contains fresh clean water. Reinstatement of the system to normal operation only takes a few minutes.
Power flushing is not a high pressure operation and is suitable for most domestic wet central heating systems. It is carried out with minimal disturbance and disruption to the normal operation of the system, often without disconnecting the boiler or any radiators.
The Power flush machine is removed and central heating system reinstated. Heating is turned on and the radiators are Balanced to optimise system efficiency.
SD Services offer a professional attitude and ensure customer satisfaction.